Frozen bubbles, waterfalls suspended by winter, glacial ice caves, stalactites and stalagmites… winter in Jasper National Park has it all! If you are up for an adventure, looking to sharpen your photography skills, and you are captivated by the beauty of ice and snow, the Jasper Photography Workshop is for you!
Join me for an unforgettable experience photographing some of Canada’s most captivating winter landscapes.
The Jasper Winter Photography Workshop will help you hone your skills in:
- Focus stacking
- Manually shooting for high dynamic range
- Creative compositions
- Adding the human element to your photo
- Achieving sharp images
- Understanding depth of field
*Note – all prices are in USD
SPECIAL BUNDLE OFFER! If you book this workshop AND the Banff Photography Workshop you can save $100 off the bundle with discount code bundleup100. Just add both to cart and use the code during checkout.
- Camera with an interchangeable lens
- A *sturdy* tripod with a ball head. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is to have a solid tripod. Many people spend thousands of dollars on cameras and lenses, and mount their gear on a flimsy $60 tripod. If you invested money in a camera, don’t risk damaging it by putting it on a tripod that won’t stand up to wind and weather!
- Shutter release (recommended but not essential)
- Extra batteries
- Warm clothes that you can layer
- Heat packs for gloves and boots
- Ice cleats that go over your winter footwear
Jasper Photography Workshop Itinerary:
Day 1: Thursday
- Meet in Lake Louise for a group dinner and gear check
- Night shoot at Emerald Lake
- Overnight in Lake Louise, AB (or Emerald Lake Lodge)
Day 2: Friday
- Morning shoot at Emerald Lake Lodge
- Natural Bridge
- Mid day shoot at Panther Falls
- Sunset shoot at Tangle Peak
- Overnight in Jasper National Park
Day 3: Saturday
- Sunrise shoot at along the Athabasca River
- Afternoon shoot in Maligne Canyon
- Late afternoon shoot at Athabasca falls
- Sunset shoot at Preacher’s Point, Abraham Lake
- Night shoot at Abraham Lake. We will use creative lighting techniques to capture unique images of these phenomenal ice formations!
- I recommend spending the night in Lake Louise
*Please note that the itinerary is subject to weather conditions.
Aurora watch: If there is an aurora and clear viewing conditions at any time during the Jasper Photography Workshop, we will add it to the itinerary!
Where to stay: Jasper and Lake Louise are both small alpine towns with many options for lodging. A quick search on expedia.ca yields more than a dozen hotels. Book early for the best rates!
Transportation: You will need a vehicle as transportation is not included in the workshop. However, I strongly encourage carpooling to reduce our carbon footprint in the National Parks.
Contact: Please don’t hesitate to contact me using the contact form at the top of the page. I look forward to working with you on the Jasper Photography workshop!
*Note – all prices are in USD