It is with great excitement that I am finally able to share the dates and details for the Yukon Aurora & Fall Colours Photography Workshop, August 23-30, 2023!
I will be partnering with one of my most treasured friends Bryan Peters, to offer a unique photography workshop in my favourite place on earth. Bryan is a climber, and adventure photographer from Banff, Alberta with an extensive knowledge of the backcountry in Tombstone Territorial Park. He will guide us on optional daytime hiking excursions, help us to prepare our backcountry meals, and assist us on our aurora shoots.
The Yukon is a special place for me. In 2021 I spent 17 nights solo hiking and camping in Tombstone Territorial Park. The experience was so much more than just taking photos of the stunning landscape. It was a personal journey of reflection, healing, and deep connection to this wild place. With Bryan’s help, my goal is to share that journey with you while capturing the unimaginable beauty of the area.
Day 3: Shooting with Rachel in the morning and evening. Optional afternoon hike with Bryan towards the base of Tombstone Mountain, today includes a shallow creek crossing. Evening meal and staying at Talus Lake tonight.
Day 4: Sunrise shoot with Rachel. Mid-day, strike camp and depart for Divide Lake. Today includes hiking 6 km over rocky, uneven terrain. Afternoon camp set up at Divide Lake, evening meal, and sunset and stars shoot with Rachel. Camping at Divide Lake tonight.
Day 5: Sunrise shoot with Rachel. Afternoon hike up to the Glissade Pass lookout. Camping at Divide Lake tonight. Sunset and stars shoot with Rachel.
Day 6: Sunrise shoot with Rachel. Strike camp and depart for Talus Lake. Today includes hiking 6km over rocky, uneven terrain. We will spend our last night in Talus Lake. Evening shoot with Rachel.
Day 7: Prepare for today’s midday heli-lift. Group A will get a quick heli-lift to the highway, Group B along with Rachel will get a scenic heli-transfer back to town. Return to Dawson City, check-in to hotel. Afternoon editing workshop by Rachel, evening “out on the town.” Staying in Dawson City tonight.
Day 8: One last sunrise shoot with Rachel near Dawson City. From here, workshop participants are welcome to make further arrangements of their own to either stay in Dawson City, continue their Yukon adventure, or head back home.
What is Included:
- Return transfers into Talus Lake by helicopter
- Brunch and dinner during our stay at camp.
- Wilderness First Aid-certified guide
- Camp site bookings
- Hotel accomodations in Dawson City
- Pre-trip zoom session (date to be determined) to discuss trip planning, packing, and gear requirements
- Guests will provide their own camping gear (I have some gear available if needed, just ask!)
- Guests will pay for their own meals and entertainment while in Dawson City
- Guests will make their own arrangements in and out of the territory including any additional hotel requirements
- Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended!